It’s always a sad day when you realize that the summer is quickly winding to a close. I was never one to dread school, but as I’ve grown older I think I need to spice things up in order to be excited about my year.
My Goals for Senior Year:
- Wear a fun colored lipstick at least once a month.
- Wear a new outfit at least once a week.
- Care less about what people think about your outfits.
- Limit social media time: 3:00-4:00, and then 8:00-9:00. Between 4:00 and 8:00, your cell phone must be put away somewhere where you can’t see it. If your homework isn’t done by 8:00, continue until it’s done.
- Read at least one non-school related book per month.
- Have a designated chill time and space where you can not think about school.
- If you’re freaking out, don’t try and work through it. Give yourself the time to clear your mind, and then get back to work.
- School is important, but so are your friends. Set up a monthly gathering, maybe brunch one Sunday morning.
- Go into each day with a positive attitude; List one thing that you’re looking foreword to in each class.
- Walk into school everyday with a big smile.
- If someone is giving you shit, you aren’t required to stick around. Remove all negativity from your life.
- Same goes for drama.
- Bake more.
- Visit Hurlburt twice a month, just to get out of the Choir room and to recalibrate yourself.
Remember, all school-related stress has an expiration date. Don’t let that stress get in the way of enjoying and relishing your senior year.